Plateway has conducted due diligence on the condition of rail assets for a variety of clients including ARTC, Gateway Rail, Freight Australia, Patriot Rail, Rail America, Genesee & Wyoming and Pacific National in Australia, New Zealand and the US for use in obtaining lease financing and financing for acquisitions. These exercises have included determining:
- Infrastructure, plant and inventory condition;
- Infrastructure asset value;
- Staff and equipment resourcing requirements for asset maintenance and renewals;
- Inventory holding and sourcing strategies;
- Ongoing cost of asset ownership in terms of capital works, renewals and maintenance programs; and
- Remaining asset service life.
Reports can be documented using our in house data warehousing and digital imaging services.